In the latest issue of The Fortune News, our biannual newsletter sent to people in jails and prisons across the country, we provide valuable resources on navigating medical care after incarceration. Through a range of perspectives, this issue on Care Management aims to help people with justice involvement improve their health and well-being.
Here are some highlights:
· Read a comprehensive guide on navigating access to medical care in prison and during reentry, written by our Director of Research Micaela Linder
· Discover the ways Fortune’s Care Management Unit is connecting individuals with chronic health needs to care
· Learn what advice Charles, a Fortune participant, has for people seeking medical care after prison
· Understand how Care Navigator Ashanty Reece helps individuals have a voice in their health decisions
· Learn how therapy can be a key first step in managing mental health for life and coping with the stressors of coming home after prison, written by Better Living Center Program Director Maggie Greene