The 2017 TCS New York City Marathon
Join us in celebrating our 50th anniversary and run to help transform lives of formerly incarcerated people The Fortune Society is proud to participate in the 2017 TCS New York City Marathon.
Guarantee your spot in this premier race and support our mission.
Here’s who we are looking for:
- An avid runner who is interested in supporting re-entry services for formerly incarcerated people in the NYC area.
If you run with us, we will:
- Provide you with guaranteed entry to the 2017 TCS New York City Marathon, as well as a donation page where your loved ones can donate in your name and you can follow your progress.
Why run with us:
- We fundraise with you. We will provide you with a Runners Tool Kit to help you take your fundraiser to the next level. Additionally, our amazing staff is available to answer your questions.
- Raise money to help us provide vital services and advocate for alternatives to incarceration. The money you raised will help strengthen Fortune’s vital programs, including education, health, housing, substance abuse treatment, and employment services for previously incarcerated individuals. It will also enable us to continue our strong advocacy to rectify unjust criminal justice policies.
- Unforgettable experience. Our team is committed to making your experience as a Fortune Flyer one that you will remember fondly forever.
Perks of running with us—You Get:
- A fundraising toolkit
- An exclusive The Fortune Society t-shirt
- Direct access to the Flyers’ running coaches
- A Fortune Society cheering section on race day
- A pre-race pasta dinner with your Fortune Flyers teammates and representatives from Fortune’s leadership
We require all of our runners to raise or donate a minimum of $3,000 to the Fortune Flyers by Race Day (11/5/2017). If we do not receive $3,000 in donations made in your name by that date, we will charge the credit card provided with the remaining balance.
If you are interested in joining our team, please fill out this application and send to Parice Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 347.510.3448. The deadline is September 14.
Want to donate?
Donate here and see why our runners are hitting the pavement for Fortune.