The commitment of The Fortune Society’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee is to nurture a culture of belonging and directly address issues that impact the organization’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, especially among people from marginalized communities. We do this by making continued recommendations and holding ourselves and fellow community members accountable to our vision and values.
We commit to contributing to and sustaining an organization that…
– Encourages inclusive conversation between all Fortune community members, regardless of title, experience, and/or identity;
– Promotes transparency across the agency;
– Identifies and investigates where structural changes can be made within the organization to create more equitable power dynamics;
– Hosts open conversations within the organization and with external partners to deeply discuss the challenges we face within the agency and beyond;
– Dismantles barriers to the health and well-being of all members of our community.
– Acknowledge that all Fortune community members (including participants, staff and volunteers) add great value to the agency’s work, culture, and environment.
– Celebrate people’s identity as a whole.
– Lead with respect and acceptance of difference.
– Identify instances of bias, exclusion, misrepresentation and/or intolerance.
– Commit time, space, and resources to stay informed and educated.
– Recognize that the responsibility for this organized and continued engagement exists across the hierarchy of Fortune.
– Honor the work done by past initiatives and seek to build on their work.
– Ground ourselves in the idea that the work is ongoing and always changing.